[Cryptography] Signal planning no support for plaintext SMS

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Thu Nov 3 23:20:15 EDT 2022

On Nov 2, 2022, at 5:58 PM, Peter Gutmann <pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> Is there any secure IM software that doesn't suck?

I started working on a PGP replacement at about the same time Moxie started working on Signal.  Then Signal was released and it died for lack of interest.

https://github.com/Spark-Innovations/SC4

Maybe you’d like to help me revive it?  The version currently in the github repo doesn’t have a ratchet, but I was working on that too:

https://github.com/rongarret/ratchet-js

I also have the beginning of an iOS app somewhere in my archives.

rg