[Cryptography] samizdat phone-to-phone ad-hoc anti-censorship

Mark Seiden mis at seiden.com
Fri Mar 4 22:10:47 EST 2022

> On Mar 4, 2022, at 5:23 PM, Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> wrote:
>
>> Short version: What's the best way to set up a completely
>> ad-hoc from-scratch communication network? ...
>> Bluetooth file transfer is a known thing, implemented on
>> Android OS, Fire OS, Windows OS, Mac OS, and Linux OS.
> I seem to recall that this was done a number of years ago - perhaps in Iran.
>
>                                                        — Jerry

bluetooth is such short range that the required density of equipment might not be supportable.

it appears that there’s an wifi openwrt solution (which can run on many cheap wifi router platforms)
https://libremesh.org/

i realize that isn’t among your list but the hackerati could probably donate a cubic buttload of old
wifi routers collected from basements and garages.

(of course, the problem is these would be in fixed locations and could be easily found.)