[Cryptography] Internet independent Blockchain

Matthieu CHARETTE matthieu.charette at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 03:54:25 EST 2022

 > 1)  POW in my opinion is defendable for Bitcoin but it is not too
easy to justify for other POW chains.

What do you mean by defendable? Are you suggesting another consensus
algo?

 > 2) On mnning new blocks when you say 'at the emd of the day the most
powerful device will always win.' Would this not mean that there is an
incentive for devices to become more powerful?

It will indeed make people try having their device more powerful over
the time.
But that's not my goal. Full nodes should be run on low resources
devices. Something like a phone or something even less powerful. The
thing is that you can't really hardware upgrade your phone, you can't
add a new GPU and definitely not plug ASICs to it.
Of course we can't forbid people to run it on anything more powerful.
But that's still not my will.

 > 3) What about block size constraint and supply function?

For block size limit I don't know yet. I definitely want to set a
limit. Something like 25 transactions / block, with 5 inputs, 5 outputs
maximum. This should be enough.
For supply it should be a limited supply. I would like to start with a
reward of $1 for new blocks. With $ the token, whatever it's name. And
every X block, we divide the reward by 2.
Also in my mind, the difficult would target 1 block / minute. But you
can also try to convince me to use anything else.

BR,
Matthew