[Cryptography] rot13 for the 21st century

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Mon Sep 27 18:09:00 EDT 2021

On 9/26/21 at 12:08 AM, cryptography at dukhovni.org (Viktor
Dukhovni) wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 11:14:55PM -0400, John Levine wrote:
>
>>Fans of the traditional rot13 cipher should check out rot8000,
>>same idea except that the character set ie expanded to 16 bit Unicode,
>>and you rutate by 0x8000 rather than 13.  It has the nice characteristic
>>that encoded ASCII looks like Chinese.
>>
>>Try it out here:
>>
>>http://rot8000.com/
>
>Cute.  Thanks!
>
>罼羖群羘羠 羳羢羘 羜羢羢羞群羠羡羓 羚羠羘 羣羔群羘

When I cut and pasted it into the web page, the answer came back
in the Greek alphabet.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Concurrency is hard. 12   | Periwinkle
(408)348-7900      | out 10 programmers get it | 150 Rivermead
Rd #235
www.pwpconsult.com | wrong.      - Jeff Frantz | Peterborough,
NH 03458