[Cryptography] Quantum computers and the Government

jrzx jrzx at protonmail.ch
Mon Sep 13 20:03:31 EDT 2021

> We're finally reaching the feature size where quantum
> effects like 'quantum dots' can become ubiquitous.

Hardware capable of building a quantum computer using this approach would capable of doing classical logic in a classical computer immensely faster and at immensely lower power than anything we can build today.

Maybe it will be feasible to do that sort of thing in the distant future, but if people had anything remotely approaching that kind of capability, we would see it in a fundamental and radical transformation of classical computers.

My guess is that it is a dead end to attempt to follow that path, that the correct path will be embodying qbits in the non local topological state of the surfaces of unusual superconductors.  Which is not an existing technology, but a vague gleam in the eye of researchers.