[Cryptography] quantum computers & crypto

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Fri Oct 29 00:54:06 EDT 2021

Joshua Marpet <Joshua.Marpet at guardedrisk.com> writes:

>Vendors will not hesitate to use a new buzzword (QUANTUM!!!!!) to sell their
>stuff.

Quoting Jon Callas on cypherpunks:

  Be aware in all of this of the Heisenberg-Schrödinger Credulity Effect. That
  effect is that the word "quantum" sucks people's brains out, and otherwise
  sensible people suffer from impaired reasoning.

My one disagreement to this is that it needs to be the Schrödinger-Heisenberg
Credülity Effect, because we need more metal umlauts in crypto.

Peter.