[Cryptography] threat models, was quantum computers & crypto

cherry cherry at cpal.pw
Mon Nov 1 17:57:24 EDT 2021

On 11/1/21 12:57 PM, Jerry Leichter wrote:
> The focus on irreversibility and anonymity by so much of the > crypto-currency community guarantees that what they produce
> will always be marginal:  It's just too dangerous.

All soft money rests on hard money.  Underlying every reversible
transaction is the capability to do an irreversible transaction.  Hard
money, money in which one can transact irreversibly, is necessarily the
center and foundation of every financial system, and everything else is
built on top of it.

And today, now, we see the foundations shifting.