[Cryptography] Anonymous rendezvous (was Business opportunities in crypto)

jrzx jrzx at protonmail.ch
Fri May 21 09:38:34 EDT 2021

On Friday, May 21, 2021 5:33 AM, Natanael <natanael.l at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you have the right name - AND ONLY IF - en you get this assurance.
>
> In a decentralized system with no trust anchors you can not figure out which name is the right one with any certainty.

But you can. I do it all the time. It works. Lots of people, myself among them,
are using systems of the Zooko type right now.

What could possibly stop me? How could it possibly fail? How could anyone pass
himself off as being someone else's Zooko identity?

Internet forums based on the urbit system exist, they are now quite useful and usable.

How could one person on such a forum pretend to be another person on such a forum? It just would not work.