[Cryptography] Anonymous rendezvous (was Business opportunities in crypto)

jrzx jrzx at protonmail.ch
Thu May 13 00:53:24 EDT 2021

On Monday, May 10, 2021 8:13 AM, John Levine <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:
> Now you're listing ways (reasonable ones) that a physical
> entity can use to move
> its reputation to the web. Huh?

Recapping the argument:  I asserted that moving reputations
to the web no longer matters, because reputations are
established on the web.

To which you replied with examples of moving in-person
relationships to the web, which still matters a lot.

To which I replied that there are far better solutions than
trusted third parties for in person relationships.

I am listing ways that one can move a relationship, not a reputation, to the web.

I am listing situations where using a third party to
move one's "reputation" to the web do not make much sense,
and noting that these seem to be the only situations that
still matter.