[Cryptography] Another paper claiming to break RSA

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 2 20:23:08 EST 2021

Nabil Alsharif <blit32 at circuitsofimagination.com> writes:

>There is yet another paper claiming to break RSA, and I thought it would be of interest to this group.
>
>https://eprint.iacr.org/2021/232

There's something odd about this, while the paper is by Claus Schnorr it's an
old work from 2019, and the abstract on the IACR web page doesn't match the
one in the paper.  In particular the paper never mentions RSA anywhere in it,
compared to the abstract's "This destroyes [sic] the RSA cryptosystem".

Peter.