[Cryptography] Claim of Riemann hypothesis being solved

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Jun 28 09:34:32 EDT 2021

On Jun 27, 2021, at 8:47 PM, Udhay Shankar N <udhay at pobox.com> wrote:

> Does anyone here know more?
>
> Hyderabad math wizard solves Reimann Hypothesis (deccanchronicle.com)
>
> Udhay

This is old news:

https://phys.org/news/2018-09-math-greatest-mysteries-riemann-hypothesis.html

I was unable to find any references to whether the claim has been adjudicated one way or the other.

You can find technical details in the form of very accessible lecture notes here:

https://www.researchgate.net/project/Lectures-on-Kumar-Eswarans-proposed-proof-of-the-Riemann-Hypothesis

On cursory inspection it seems legit to me, i.e. not transparently the work of a crank.  My math-fu is nowhere near sufficient to evaluate whether the proof is correct.  My Bayesian prior is long odds against, but I wouldn’t bet my life savings on it.

rg