[Cryptography] In the latest unexpected ransomware twist ...

jrzx jrzx at protonmail.ch
Sat Jun 12 00:36:03 EDT 2021

Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> wrote:
> The "all cryptocurrency" economy is minuscule
> - and all the governments in the world are working hard
> to keep it that way, not that it would likely grow much
> anyway. So, OK, play your games transferring coins around
> - but if you want to actually spend it, you're going to
> have to go through choke points to convert it into money
> that can buy most of the stuff you want.

Not as minuscule as it used to be.  The all cryptocurrency
economy is growing, it has grown a long way.  Most people
betting heavily on crypto currency have no plans to ever
convert back into fiat.  Rather, our plan is to dump fiat
before everyone else does.

You may think that is a very bad plan, but it is looking
like a better plan than it used to to more people than it
used to.

Fiat money requires a stable and virtuous regime.  How
is the regime looking?