[Cryptography] CMS with OCB

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jun 2 06:09:03 EDT 2021

Hi!

does anyone known of a specification for OCB mode for CMS?

AEAD for CMS is specified in RFC-5083 with an GCM instance defined by
RFC-5084.  Using GCM in CMS is actually troublesome because all AAD is
required before starting the decryption - but CMS puts the AAD after the
encrypted content.  OCB would be easier.

I am also looking for GCM test messages.  Bouncy Castle had a bug and
the only test message I got comes from a software which uses an unfixed
version of BC.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner