[Cryptography] Claim of Riemann hypothesis being solved

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Fri Jul 2 12:43:04 EDT 2021

On Jun 30, 2021, at 12:55 PM, Florent Michel <florent.m42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Does anyone here know more?
> >
> > Hyderabad math wizard solves Reimann Hypothesis (deccanchronicle.com)
> > <https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/in-other-news/280621/hyderabad-math-wizard-solves-reimann-hypothesis.html>
> >
> > Udhay
>
> There is a question on skeptics.stackexchange
> https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/51965/have-mathematicians-concluded-that-an-indian-mathematical-physicist-has-solved-t
> and one on math.stackexchange
> https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/4185354/is-kumar-eswarans-proposed-proof-of-the-riemann-hypothesis-correct
> about this.
>
> From what I can gather from the (at the time of writing) single answer in each question, the proof and how it was evaluated seem questionable at best. I have not gone through it in details myself, though, so will refrain from making any jugement save for stating that people who have spent more time on it seem to be unconvinced by the proof itself as well as the review process.

I did go through the links you cite in detail so I can confidently say that the “proof” has been definitively debunked.  I can’t provide a succinct summary because reformatting it in plain text would require more effort than I’m willing to put into it, but reading through the second link to get to the substance of the matter took me less than five minutes.  If you don’t want to go through it all, just search for the word “nonsense” to cut to the chase.

rg