[Cryptography] A Thought Experiment: Proof of Satoshi

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Wed Jan 27 02:51:51 EST 2021

On 1/23/21 11:16 AM, bit at ungeared.com wrote:

> Just curious, since you were communicating with Satoshi from before
> Bitcoin was released, do you have something that you could use as a
> litmus test against faketoshis?

I certainly have nothing that could be used to convince anyone else.  I
would say he was incredibly well read in the cryptography field, front
to back and top to bottom.  This was no novice or amateur. That was more
distinctive to me than the ongoing noise about English vs. American
spelling conventions.

I have a business card which did not come from him, but which I always
associated with him.  It says "This Card Intentionally Left Blank."  I
have it around here somewhere but haven't seen it in several months.  I
hope to find it again when I clean my office.

            Bear