[Cryptography] A Thought Experiment: Proof of Satoshi

bear bear at sonic.net
Fri Jan 22 23:38:07 EST 2021

>This question rekindled my musings on the topic - how would Satoshi prove that he is Satoshi, what proof would be

_>definitive_?  To most the question may be of rhetorical nature as in
their mind, the proof is easy - all Satoshi would

>need to do is either sign a message with a private key from one of the early blocks or just move some of those early coins.

A more important question than HOW someone could prove they were
Satoshi, is WHY would anyone prove they were Staoshi? Seriously, Satoshi
is over.  The alias did what it was supposed to do and whoever created
it has no more use for it.  It's gone.  No one was left with any
legitimate need to know who he is, no one was left with any means of
finding out, no one was left with any means of  proving it, Satoshi
himself was left with no reason to ever come forward, and that's that.
That is a successful conclusion.  Why try to turn it into a failure?

Bear