[Cryptography] Altcoins Performance Between Two Bitcoin Bull Runs

bit at ungeared.com bit at ungeared.com
Sat Jan 16 19:45:31 EST 2021

We were curious to see how top altcoins performed between the two bitcoin
peaks (Dec 2017 & Jan 2021) in particular relative to bitcoin. So, to this
end, we published a small study
<https://ungeared.com/altcoins-squeezed-between-two-bitcoin-bull-markets-but
-one/> . The short answer - not very well. Most lost value not only against
bitcoin but  against fiat as well. Some key findings:

1.	BNB (Binance coin) the only one to outperform bitcoin
2.	To our surprise, Zcash lost 99% of its value against bitcoin from
its high.
3.	Ether hasn't done that well despite the recent clime.
4.	Also, we introduced a NATHS score - Normalized All-time High Score,
curious if anyone finds it useful.