[Cryptography] cryptography Digest, Vol 93, Issue 8

Kevin W. Wall kevin.w.wall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:13:25 EST 2021

List Admins:

This is not intended as a post (hence the top posting and not editing the
Subject line), but could you please send out another friendly reminder that
for those receiving mailing list digests, to first edit their Subject lines
before posting to the list?

This is at least the 2nd time that this particular poster did this and I'm
pretty sure it has been more than that. Most of all, it makes it rather
worthless if one ever wishes to go back and search the archives for
something.

Thank you.
-kevin wall

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 7:33 PM jrzx via cryptography <
cryptography at metzdowd.com> wrote:

> How do you think the current financial system is broken? I think of
> KYC/AML/CTF as a feature, not a bug.
>

> Paypal keeps freezing, delaying and in one case stealing, my transactions.
>
> Every second time a third world peasant attempts to subscribe to an
> American magazine to learn what plants are the fad in the American market,
> every third time a filipina maid tries to send money back to her family to
> dig a well, KYC/AML/CTF bites them.
>
> We have a web of overlapping poorly thought out laws that make every
> international transaction illegal, unless you are using bitcoin or Kuwait
> Dinars.  International transactions manage to happen anyway because these
> laws are infrequently, erratically, selectively, and unpredictably enforced.
>
> This is the major force driving the adoption of crypto currency.
>
> Any time you buy pay someone internationally, or are paid internationally,
> you are committing multiple federal offenses with a seven year sentence for
> each of them.

Blog: http://off-the-wall-security.blogspot.com/    | Twitter: @KevinWWall
NSA: All your crypto bit are belong to us.