[Cryptography] Standards Trolls: Re: Bitcoin is a disaster.

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Jan 12 16:54:33 EST 2021

In article <975c65154b3d9a5ce0ff810d110ed38ecbe34007.camel at sonic.net> you write:
>I'm pretty strongly of the opinion that you're not going to get
>scalability in any system in which one transaction no matter how
>trivial results in communication to every node. ....

Bloomberg's Matt Levine (not a relative) writes about bitcoins in
today's column, riffing on news reports about people who would be
gazillionaires if only they could remember their passwords.

The gist of it is that as more people who are less technical become
interested in bitcoin, it is becoming ever more like other financial
assets, with third party custodians and so forth. The commmunity where
people consider it a feature that a lost password means your bitcoins
are lost forever is not large:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-01-12/don-t-forget-your-bitcoins

R's,
John