[Cryptography] A new, efficient consensus protocol

vincent.strom vincent.strom at protonmail.com
Tue Jan 12 06:29:20 EST 2021

I have been working on a new type of consensus protocol that has many desirable features compared to the existing ones. The title, abstract and the link to the paper is given below. I'd appreciate your feedback.

Title: A robust, zero-cost, egalitarian consensus protocol

Abstract: In this paper, we propose a new protocol to achieve consensus on the blockchain that we call Proof-of-Luck (PoL). Unlike Proof-of-Work, it requires almost no energy expenditure and hence needs no extraneous incentive for active participation. Unlike Proof of-Stake, it is game theoretically stable meaning it leads to a robust blockchain history and doesn't suffer from the ``nothing at stake" problem. Moreover, it treats every node equally and is secure, fast, and completely decentralized.

https://mega.nz/file/D1NiFJhB#psx1-Rfgak7NHITkPJfEgccJpFiVAYJEsZjDDTzppb8

Regards,
Vincent