[Cryptography] cryptography Digest, Vol 93, Issue 8

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Sun Jan 10 20:19:00 EST 2021

On 1/8/21 at 4:15 PM, alex.flanagan at gmail.com (Alex Flanagan) wrote:

>>The dependence of nearly 80% of the world?s energy consumption on fossil
>>fuels and that this situation is not likely to change in the future
>>

>Do you agree that if the energy used was generated cleanly then
>cryptocurrency energy consumption wouldn't have environmental impact?

Consider what the alternative uses might be. Energy use doesn't
exist in a vacuum. Just like any other economic commodity.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | I like the farmers' market   | Periwinkle
(408)348-7900      | because I can get fruits and | 150
Rivermead Rd #235
www.pwpconsult.com | vegetables without stickers. |
Peterborough, NH 03458