[Cryptography] A simpler group communication scheme...

jrzx jrzx at protonmail.ch
Wed Feb 24 23:19:07 EST 2021

On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:10 PM, jrzx <jrzx at protonmail.ch> wrote:

> I have a solution for a reliable anonymous broadcast channel, where you can
> send a message from an unknown participant to all, and all will know that all
> have received it, or send it to one participant, and all will know that someone
> sent a message to someone, and the sender will know that the recipient
> received it, but the recipient only knows who received it, and only the sender
> knows both the sender and the recipient.
>
> This latter solution is needed for the One True Lightning network, as an unreliable
> anonymous broadcast channel would allow check kiting on the lightning network,
> and the current not exactly anonymous lightning network is recapitulating the evils
> of marginal reserve banking and central banking.

Preventing blockchain analysis is a hard problem, and any solution (Monaro, Mimblewimble) greatly worsens the scaling problems, which problems are
already biting hard.

Contracts on the blockchain, like anonymity, also cause scaling problems

The right place for contracts, anonymity and untraceability is a lightning network.

A full circle transaction on a lightning network is a contract, and the fundamental
building block from which contracts should be constructed.