[Cryptography] One-time pads in modern crypto software?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Fri Feb 19 09:56:13 EST 2021

On 2/17/21 at 10:54 AM, peter at tsto.co.uk (Peter Fairbrother) wrote:

>The hard problem is secure deletion.
>
>Reusing a SD card is a no-no, some of the old data will be
>retained in "unused" sectors. A similar problem occurs once the
>pad is on a device.

Now we come to my favorite technique of secure deletion --
thermite. You can probably use a cooler fire with SD cards. But
they are so cheap now the destroying them is only a very small
part of the real cost of a one-time pad system.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | The race is not always to the swift, nor
the     |
(408)348-7900      | battle to the strong, but that's the way to
bet. |
www.pwpconsult.com |       - Damon
Runyon                             |