[Cryptography] Low grade randomness for padding.

Ismail Kizir ikizir at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 01:31:29 EST 2021

> The basic idea here being that we simply fill each packet out to the max.
> But should this be set to all zeros or should this be randomized.
>
> Zeros: simple, minimizes opportunity for side channel games
> Random: minimizes known plaintext for attacker.
>
> If I do go with random, is there a cheap way to generate random padding I
> should be thinking of? I don't need this to be particularly random.
>
> One possibility is to put the zeros through GCM with a different key.
> Seems wasteful though.

NIST accepts the negative correlation between entropy and compression:
https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-90B.pdf

In order to test, I converted my Hohha encryption algorithm to a PRNG.
Many times, I generated 1MB random byte files and I tried to compress
with gzip, bzip2. They could never compress the data or in best rare
cases, they could compress less than %1.
I am giving the github link of my encryption algorithm that I couldn't
update
with latest, PRNG code(and also without my latest signature slightly
different).
That's why, I am also attaching the PRNG form to this message.
It's very fast.
You can use it freely with MIT/GPL double license if you want.

I have restarted to write my p2p encrypted chat application. I have no
time to make extensive tests. If anyone makes tests, I will be glad if
he/she shares the results here.

https://github.com/ikizir/HohhaDynamicXOR

Ismail Kizir "