[Cryptography] Signal hypothetical use case becomes practical since cellular providers have started censoring private text messages

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Dec 31 16:22:35 EST 2021

It appears that Ron Garret <ron at flownet.com> said:
>> Recently, I heard a very concerning thing: If you share this link via unencrypted SMS on t-mobile, it won't go through: ...
>That link points to a site that contains false information that has the potential to quite literally kill thousands upon thousands of people if acted upon. ...

I hapeen to agree with Ron here, but my guess is that T-Mo is doing spam filtering, not making political statements.

For anyone who's been living under a rock. SMS spam is a huge problem, and recognizing domains that
have appeared in spam before, of whatever kind, is a fairly reliable way to recognize more spam so
they can block it.

R's,
John

PS: If anyone were thinking of arguing that all spam filtering is evil, please don't.