[Cryptography] Interesting new Proof-of-Steak paper

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Dec 14 01:07:32 EST 2021

arXiv has just published an interesting new Proof-of-Steak paper:

https://arxiv.org/abs/2112.06498

Abstract:

We introduce Proof-of-Steak (PoS) as a fundamental net-zero block generation
technique, often accompanied by Non-Frangipane Tokens. Genesis cut is
gradually heated and minted (using the appropriate sauce), enabling the miners
to redirect the extracted gold and the dissipated heat into the furnace, hence
enabling the first fully-circular economy ever built using blockchain
technology, utilising tamper-evident steak haché. In this paper we present the
basic ingredients for building Proof-of-Steak, assessing its global impact,
and opportunities to save the world and beyond!

I think this is a promising new line of research into novel uses for
blockchain technology.  I'm eagerly awaiting the followup publication on proof
of consumption sold as NFT's.

Peter.