[Cryptography] Breath to pair

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Sun Aug 29 13:40:30 EDT 2021

Neat idea.  (Whether it’ll turn out to be practical … we’ll see.)

“We propose Breath to Pair (B2P), a protocol for pairing and shared-key generation for wearable devices that leverages the wearer's respiration activity to ensure that the devices are part of the same body-area network. We assume that the devices exploit different types of sensors to extract and process the respiration signal. We illustrate B2P for the case of two devices that use respiratory inductance plethysmography (RIP) and accelerometer sensors, respectively. Allowing for different types of sensors in pairing allows us to include wearable devices that use a variety of different sensors.”

https://arxiv.org/abs/2107.11677

                                          -- Jerry