[Cryptography] What ever happened to end-to-end email encryption?

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Aug 23 16:05:18 EDT 2021

I took a whack at solving the E2E encryption problem a few years back and this is what I came up with:

https://github.com/Spark-Innovations/SC4

Live demo at:

https://sc4.us/sc

I have not been maintaining it because when I launched it six years ago it generated zero interest.  But maybe times have changed enough that it will now get some traction.

NOTE: SC4 does not have a ratchet mechanism and so does not provide forward secrecy.  I was working on adding that when I decided to abandon the project.  I did get a ratchet implementation working, but never integrated it.  That code is here:

https://github.com/rongarret/ratchet-js

rg