[Cryptography] What ever happened to end-to-end email encryption?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Aug 22 22:04:46 EDT 2021

It appears that Christian Collberg <collberg at gmail.com> said:
>Some people clearly care about confidentiality of email and would,
>presumably, be willing to go through some pain to set up a reasonable
>service. We're not giving even those people the necessary tools.

I think the actual solution is the Paypal approach.  All of the actual
messaging happens on a web site, and the mail only says there's something
new on the web site, take a look.

For example, that is how I exchange messages with my doctor.  It works pretty well.

I think that actual secure mail would be swell, but after 30 years of it not
happening, I'm not holding my breath.

R's,
John