[Cryptography] Business opportunities in crypto

Francis Pouatcha fpo at adorsys.de
Thu Apr 15 08:24:18 EDT 2021

________________________________
From: Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 3:59 PM
To: Francis Pouatcha <fpo at adorsys.de>
Cc: cryptography at metzdowd.com <cryptography at metzdowd.com>
Subject: Re: [Cryptography] Business opportunities in crypto

Re: The equitable stock market will be built on top of block chain technology

Block chain is a significant advance, which I place right
next to 'double entry bookkeeping' and 'writing' itself
in the history of business technology.
Double entry bookkeeping is only needed in smaller part of the use cases (track balances)
Was matters most is the digest chain capability of blockchain networks (document assertions)

But block chain technology does nothing to protect privacy
or protect against collusion.
This is where real crypto protocols could be useful, and
I haven't seen much deployment of novel crypto protocols
in this sector yet.
Research is verry advanced in this domain. It is difficult to have simplicity, transparency, and privacy all at the same time. Privacy can be added moving the privacy part of transactions off chain.

'direct access to the market for each participant (non-custodian wallets, no brokers)'
'decentralized market making protocols (simple order matching protocols)'

These are what I'm interested in, but so far I haven't
seen the progress.
Badly needed for simple to use really decentralized (non-custodian) wallets are key recovery, second and 3rd layer fast consensus and documentation protocols.

The continuous news of theft from wallets proves that
blockchain itself works, but the rest of the system is
seriously faulty.
Here we go!