[Cryptography] A naming and key distribution infrastructure for the Mesh

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Sep 29 18:48:54 EDT 2020

On Mon, 28 Sep 2020, Christian Huitema wrote:

[ I suspect the attribution got stuffed up here due to indentation etc ]

> No, you don't own it. You rent it. That is the difference between a Mesh
> name and an ICANN name.
>

> Is that difference large enough for people to care? Peter own his domain
> name until he fails to pay the rent, or until someone sues him out of
> ownership. [...]

To clarify further, I rent my accommodation; I cannot make any
modifications to it without the consent of the owner i.e. the landlord.
On the other hard, I own "horsfall.org" (and a few others) even though
they're rented from Joker because I can do whatever I like with them, to
the exclusion of everybody else.

-- Dave