[Cryptography] A Scheme for Verifiable Lottery

Yunxiang Li shironeko at waifu.club
Mon Nov 30 19:36:40 EST 2020

On Mon, 2020-11-30 at 14:14 -0800, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> Seems to me that a better way is similar to the coin flip implemented
> by keybase: https://book.keybase.io/docs/chat/coin-flip

yeah, I thought about using something similar like everyone giving the organizer
a random number between 0 and 1, and the random number is the decimal part of
the sum, so as long as there is one random input the result is going to be
random. The problem with this is that it would require the organizer to publish
the list of participants.

I had a quick go over with the coin flip procedure, it seems like it does
require the list of participants as well.