[Cryptography] IPsec DH parameters, other flaws

Stephan Neuhaus stephan.neuhaus at zhaw.ch
Mon Nov 23 02:58:12 EST 2020

On 11/23/20 7:49 AM, Christian Huitema wrote:
> While QUIC started as a Google project, it is being standardized in the
> IETF. There are several independent implementations of QUIC, by Apple,
> Microsoft, Mozilla, Cloudflare and many others, including mine. They are
> not "married to the Google code base".

Here we come full circle in this subthread. Iang proposed a NIST-style
competition for network protocols instead of IETF-style "rough consensus
and working code", and I pointed out that if you need interop,
NIST-style is not a good match and one probably needed something like
IETF. Then you asked whether I meant something like QUIC.

And indeed I might have because QUIC was not adopted through a
NIST-style competition. Yes, it was initially a Gogle-proposed protocol,
but IMO it gained traction by getting it (slowly, slowly) through the IETF.

Fun

Stephan