[Cryptography] Products that prevent DoH?

Udhay Shankar N udhay at pobox.com
Wed Mar 11 07:51:47 EDT 2020

I came across this transcript of a podcast where a marketing person talks
of a product (which she is, obviously, selling) is claimed to prevent the
use of DNS over HTTPS.

https://www.helpnetsecurity.com/2020/03/11/dns-over-http-abuse/

<quote>

And then we also have now added capability to prevent use of DoH in an
enterprise setting, and make these browsers fall back gracefully to your
internal DNS, so that the IT admins and security admins are retaining
control. Even if you bring in a device within your enterprise network and
you are using Firefox, it’ll fall back to the internal DNS. It will not
connect to the DoH because we have certain feeds in our solution that
enables that. We have DoH feeds that enable that.

</quote>

How would this work?

Thanks,
Udhay