[Cryptography] Start the clock

Bob Wilson wilson at math.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 9 12:42:25 EDT 2020

Regarding
> Therr are no local DVLA offices in the UK like
> there are DMV in the US.
At least here in the state of Wisconsin, the local DMV office is not
much of an advantage. I want to apply for the revised drivers license
cards with the star indicating they are valid for airline travel (REAL
ID). But I am required to do that in person at the DMV, and that means
standing in a long line, with no useful options for those of us with
disabilities. So for now at least I will just use my passport.

(I did that to get car license plates for disabled parking that show my
ham radio call sign, since the DMV's software is brain damaged and
cannot combine an official ham radio plate with a disabled plate. They
_can_ combine disabled with their plates for all the other special
categories. So I definitely know about their waiting lines and having to
wait in line with my disabilities. I later found I _could_ do that
online, the license plate request, but not the "REAL ID" driver license
card.)

Bob Wilson