[Cryptography] IDs and licenses, not Possible reason why password usage rules

Russ Allbery eagle at eyrie.org
Fri Mar 6 00:01:55 EST 2020

"John Levine" <johnl at iecc.com> writes:

> If you are saying that I can only have one valid driver's license or one
> passport at a time, that is sort of true.  People can sometimes have two
> passports from the same issuer, and the world has not ended.

Indeed, I have two valid driver's licenses for several months every time
the license is renewed.  There's no "not valid before" date on the new
license, the renewed license is issued in advance of its expiration, and
since the renewal is by mail, I'm not required to surrender my old
driver's license to get a new one.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle at eyrie.org)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>