[Cryptography] Statement from Attorney General William P. Barr on Introduction of Lawful Access Bill in Senate

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Fri Jun 26 18:00:04 EDT 2020

--
I've never understood why 'encryption' doesn't fall
under the *Second Amendment*.

After all, encryption used to be considered the same
as 'arms' and 'armor', and was regulated as such.

Unfortunately, most of the people I talk to regarding
encryption hate the 2nd Amendment so much that they
won't even consider it.

Which I think is a mistake, because if you look at
the current composition of the U.S. Supreme Court, I
think that they might well agree that encryption
is a form of 'arms', and is thereby Constitutionally
protected.