[Cryptography] Zoom publishes draft cryptographic design for end-to-end encryption

Ralf Senderek crypto at senderek.ie
Thu Jun 4 16:44:59 EDT 2020

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020, Florian Weimer wrote:

>  Beside DH parameters, the other rather astonishing example is the
>  public RSA exponent.  You cannot even use a random value there anymore
>  because some implementations do not allow an arbitrary-precision
>  integer for it:
>
> |  type PublicKey struct {
> |      N *big.Int // modulus
> |      E int      // public exponent
> |  }
>
>  <https://golang.org/pkg/crypto/rsa/#PublicKey>

In which implementation do you think I found this?

typedef struct {
          /* Status information */
          int isPublicKey;                        /* Whether this is a
public or private key */

          /* Public components */
          unsigned char n[ CRYPT_MAX_PKCSIZE ];   /* Modulus */
          int nLen;                                       /* Length of
modulus in bits */
          unsigned char e[ CRYPT_MAX_PKCSIZE ];   /* Public exponent */
          int eLen;
}

    --ralf