[Cryptography] Proper Entropy Source

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 15:00:00 EST 2020

Uh, yes. Unknown information about the start of a program is somewhere
between 17 bits to 32 bits of entropy.  The entropy collected for
modern cryptography is only from the asynchronous operation of
multiple circuits.

Etc, etc.... This is basic computer science.

https://www.developer.com/tech/article.php/10923_616221_3/How-We-Learned-to-Cheat-at-Online-Poker-A-Study-in-Software-Security.htm

The system clock seed gave us an idea that reduced the number of
possible shuffles even further. By synchronizing our program with the
system clock on the server generating the pseudo-random number, we are
able to reduce the number of possible combinations down to a number on
the order of 200,000 possibilities. After that move, the system is
ours, since searching through this tiny set of shuffles is trivial and
can be done on a PC in real time.