[Cryptography] PK without PKI (was: improved identification)

John Denker jsd at av8n.com
Mon Jan 13 14:35:30 EST 2020

On 1/13/20 10:40 AM, james hughes wrote:

> And we will have the same PKI mess we have today

No, we won't.  That is not what I am proposing.

More generally:  PK is not synonymous with PKI.

In particular, you can have public and private keys without
having anything resembling a globally-trusted root CA.

For the *third time* I emphasize the simple principle:
  I trust keys that I have issued myself.