[Cryptography] Well, that showed them!

Theodore Y. Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Wed Feb 26 19:43:26 EST 2020

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 03:55:17PM -0500, John Levine wrote:
> In article <E1j70u3-0004Vh-73 at elasmtp-mealy.atl.sa.earthlink.net> you write:
> >I expect that the .org sale won't generate a lot of concern until it's too late...
>
> Hi.  I'm a trustee of the Internet Society.  Could we try and keep the FUD to a minimum, please?

Well, speaking as someone who is not a trustee of the Internet
Society, the transparency of the Ethos Capital deal, IMHO, makes a
FISA wiretap warrant look open and transparent.  As a result... it's
hard for me to trust what was going on, much like it's hard for as
it's hard for many to trust when the NSA says, "hi, we're from the
government and we're here to help".

						- Ted