[Cryptography] Apple's 13-month certificate policy

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sat Feb 22 23:15:22 EST 2020

In article <19f3eff7-5d48-4227-5e7d-02fa58f55bc8 at oneunified.net>,
Raymond Burkholder <ray at oneunified.net> wrote:
>And systems protected by certificates aren't just web servers sitting on
>the same server as the dns server for the TXT based authorization.
>There are email servers involved with certificates. No web front end.

I have LE certs on my mail servers.  They're managed automatically
with acme.sh and some python scripts that use a web API to insert
the validation records into the DNS zones.

If I didn't run my own DNS, this would be harder, but there are plenty
of commercial DNS providers with APIs that allow zone updates.  Perhaps
we've identified a business opportunity.

--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl at taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",