[Cryptography] SSL Certificates are expiring...

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 23:51:05 EST 2020

Christian Huitema wrote:
>That's exactly how the organic growth of the Internet works. A
>specification is put up with a narrow scope and demonstrates that it
>works well in that scope.

Given how hard MSNBC has to remind people of recent news, I wonder how
long-term people's memories are. There was a rather big scandal some
time ago...

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130909/11430124454/john-gilmore-how-nsa-sabotaged-key-security-standard.shtml

Every once in a while, someone not an NSA employee, but who had
longstanding ties to NSA, would make a suggestion that reduced privacy
or security, but which seemed to make sense when viewed by people who
didn't know much about crypto.