[Cryptography] Crypto AG and CIA project exposed

Richard Outerbridge outer at interlog.com
Fri Feb 14 08:22:07 EST 2020

> On 2020-02-13 (44), at 16:23:13, Peter Fairbrother <peter at tsto.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On 11/02/2020 20:51, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

[ …. ]

> Some of the early Crypto AG technology was similar to Enigma. It has been said that the secrecy about the wartime breaking of Enigma was especially longlasting because of the Crypto AG/CIA-NSA-BND link, so maybe GCHQ had some knowledge and access too.

Didn’t this all get started by the UK selling captured ENIGMA machines to their African colonies?

At least, that’s the rumor I last heard.  And that American Army Officers were under standing orders to
destroy with a hand grenade any suspected captured ENIGMA device during the end game of WW2.
__outer