[Cryptography] Bitcoin is a disaster.

Ismail Kizir ikizir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 14:16:44 EST 2020

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:

> It is my opinion that Bitcoin is a failure.  Worse than that, it's a
> disaster.

I totally agree.
Internet also became a disaster.
We're very far from original ideas: Uncensored, decentralized ideals are
forgotten.
I remember, in the beginning, governments were really afraid of people's
reactions, even to make small regulations.
Today, we don't even discuss before accepting any regulation about
Internet.
Infrastructure is almost completely controlled/owned by governments or
cartels. To dig ground for your own fiber-obtic infrastructure is nearly
impossible, even for big cartels, in Turkey for example. (I even don't
mention about ordinary people/small scale companies)
ICANN fees are very high. Anonymity is almost impossible.
We even need "permission" to publish sites: We need "broadcasting"
licenses. Youtube publishing is considered same as "National TV
broadcasting" and requires licences!
They degenerated the idea of "privacy" and now, GDPR(Europe), or
KVVK(Turkey) and similars are used as censoring and contolling mechanisms:
If you want to start to publish a site, you need a "base country".
Theoretically, it may be possible. But in reality, it's almost impossible
to move your site from a country to another, because of GDPR rules! You
need to have a physical place. And of course, you are under total control
of one government and local elites!
We forgot our initial ideas.
I think, we need a "new kid on the block", which will revive old ideals by
unifying those two ideas: Internet and cryptocoin.

I don't know exactly how we can do. But I have at least one base idea:
"Contributing to infrastructure will also mean mining".
Roof networks are not very promising as a large scale internet backbone.
But I have hope from this list. If anyone, has a project based on "original
ideals of Internet and cryptocoins", I am ready to contribute.

Regards
Ismail Kizir