[Cryptography] Solar Winds hack

Erik Kamerling erikkamerling at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:31:14 EST 2020

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 8:28 PM Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit suspicious of the timing of the announcement
> of this hack.

I just did a talk on this. I explained that false attribution is an
artifact of reverse regulatory capture, basically a public interest theory
manifestation of cyber half-truths and misinformation. If things like
[strings, binaries, packets, frames, etc.] are mutable (which they are),
then everything is a false flag. How this has not been the news for the
last 25 years is beyond me.

It’s probably because LEO and Intel folk have been larping in cyber for
years and the media carries their water. Since it's trivial to be Moriarty,
I don't know how attribution can be made, but for the opposite to not be
true.

Erik