[Cryptography] BitCoin as Quantum Cryptanalysis canary.

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Sun Dec 20 08:30:18 EST 2020

Nah, though of course bitcoin is a big target for cryptanalysis.

Satoshi is a very private approaching paranoid person, and initially he
did not spend bitcoin because that would expose his identity.

Most recently he hasn't spent any of the initial blocks because he
doesn't want to see bitcoin's price and thus reputation crash (and he
doesn't need the money).

More, what the hell would he do with that much money? He sure couldn't
spend it anonymously, and preserving his anonymity is paramount to him.

I am of course guessing here, but I do not think the keys are lost - he
may have deliberately deleted them, but I do not believe he lost them,
that would be out of character.

Peter Fairbrother