[Cryptography] Jitsi versus Zoom

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Wed Apr 8 18:10:45 EDT 2020

Marc via cryptography wrote this message on Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 20:36 +0000:
> Apparently, Zoom???s end-to-end encryption is controversial. Has anyone tried jitsi instead ?
>
> https://github.com/jitsi

Jitsi doesn't use e2e encryption in the group mode.  They just use DTLS.
They do direct DTLS between clients, but the devs haven't explained how
to verify the keys used by the clients.  If you use Meet, the server
does full decryption and reencryption to all the clients for group chat.

So, the best thing about Jitsi is that you can self host to ensure the
security of the server.

https://jitsi.org/news/security/

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579