[Cryptography] "Strong" passwords too clever by half...

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 02:32:02 EDT 2019

Den mån 30 sep. 2019 07:53Udhay Shankar N <udhay at pobox.com> skrev:

> On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 5:07 AM Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
> I used a "^" character in a password, but I
>> recently discovered that this character is
>> impossible to input with some versions of
>> Android keyboard programs.
>>

> I had the same problem, and my workaround was to copy the password from
> the Android version of Lastpass and paste it into the password field.

There's also the option of password auto-typing keyboards, for example the
password manager KeePass2Android includes one. This one can be used by
opening a password entry and then selecting its soft keyboard in Android
for text input, then pressing its buttons to enter username and password.

Safer option if you're worried about any apps snooping on the clipboard.