[Cryptography] TRNGs as open source design semiconductors

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Fri Sep 13 18:48:31 EDT 2019

On 9/13/19 at 1:02 PM, pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz (Peter Gutmann) wrote:

>Andrew P. Lentvorski <bsder at allcaps.org> writes:
>
>>On 9/12/19 6:42 PM, Bill Frantz wrote:
>>> I know one person who has a chip fab in her kitchen.
>>
>>Okay, now *THAT* got my attention.
>>
>>How?  How does she cut masks?  How does she diffuse implants?
>
>I assume it's Jeri Ellsworth, google the name and "chips" or similar, e.g.
>
>https://hackaday.com/2010/03/10/jeri-makes-integrated-circuits/

Right on Peter. She is an interesting and resourceful lady.

For another one, see: <http://sam.zeloof.xyz/category/semiconductor/>

There was an article in QST a while ago about a teenager with a
home fab. I don't have the time to search it out at the moment
and the ARRL's search facility for QST either isn't obvious or
it is really bad.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Privacy is dead, get over    | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | it.                          | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |              - Scott McNealy | Los Gatos,
CA 95032